FoodHub Advertising Guidelines
At FoodHub, we believe that every part of our site, including the ads, should contribute to and be consistent with our mission to build robust regional food economies. We believe regional food economies are dynamic, multi-faceted and constantly-evolving entities, and as such, welcome single ad buys and run-of-site proposals from a vast variety of participants in the regional food and agriculture trades. All types of FoodHub Members, including buyers, sellers, distributors and associates, along with non members, are welcome to buy advertising or promotional placement on www.food-hub.org.
As with membership in FoodHub, advertising on FoodHub is scale-neutral and production-practice neutral. Advertisers need not be based in FoodHub’s region (AK, CA, ID, MT, OR, WA.
Enforcement of these Advertising Guidelines is solely at FoodHub's discretion, and failure to enforce such guidelines in some instances does not constitute a waiver of our right to enforce such guidelines in other instances. In addition, these Advertising Guidelines do not create any private right of action on the part of any third party or any reasonable expectation that the Sites will not contain any content or conduct that is prohibited by these Advertising Guidelines.
- Advertisers cannot create or manage multiple FoodHub accounts for advertising purposes unless given permission by FoodHub to do so.
- Advertisers cannot programmatically automate the creation of accounts or ads unless given permission by FoodHub to do so.
- Landing pages / Destination URLs
- Ads that contain a URL or domain in the body must link to that same URL or domain.
- Ads must send users to the same landing page when the ad is clicked.
- Landing pages cannot generate a pop-up (including "pop-overs" and "pop-unders") when a user enters or leaves the page.
- Landing pages cannot use "fake" close behavior (ie. when a user clicks the 'close' icon on the page, the page should close down and no other behavior should result).
- Landing pages cannot utilize "mouse trapping" whereby the advertiser does not allow users to use their browser "back button" and traps them on their site and/or present any other unexpected behavior (for example: navigation to another ad or page).
- FoodHub references
- The following conditions apply to all ads that have a FoodHub Profile:
- Ads may make limited, factual references to "FoodHub" in its title, body, or image for sole the purposes of clarifying the destination of the ad;
- Ads cannot use the name "FoodHub" as a trademark or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of the product, service, or ad destination by FoodHub or any affiliation other than that the advertiser is a member of FoodHub.
- FoodHub site features cannot be emulated.
- All other ads, destination ads, and landing pages must adhere to the following restrictions:
- Ads cannot mention or refer to FoodHub, its site or its brand in any manner, including in the title, body, image, or destination URLs;
- Ads cannot use FoodHub logos, trademarks, or site terminology (including but not limited to FoodHub or The FoodHub, and other company graphics, logos, designs, or icons);
- FoodHub site features cannot be emulated.
- Ad Content Rules
- Ads must directly relate to the content on the landing page.
- Ads must clearly represent the company, product, or brand that is being advertised. Products or services promoted in the ad must be directly available on the landing page.
- Ads must not include unsubstantiated claims, including but not limited to prices, discounts or product availability.
- Ads cannot insult, harass, or threaten a user or other third parties.
- Ads must not contain audio that plays automatically, without a user's interaction. Any automated animation must cease after 15 seconds and must not replay.
- Ads must not be false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive.
- Ads may be rejected or deleted in cases where a business model or practice is deemed unacceptable or contrary to FoodHub's overall advertising philosophy.
- Ads, or categories of ads, which receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed in violation of community standards may also be rejected or removed by FoodHub.
- Ads may not contain, facilitate, promote, or reference the following:
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language;
- Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content;
- Scams, illegal activity, or chain letters;
- Refusal of Ads
- The examples provided above regarding the right to remove content are meant to be illustrative and not limiting. We may refuse or remove ads at any time for any reason, or for no reason.
- Prices, discounts, and free offers, endorsements
- Ads cannot be deceptive or fraudulent about any offer made.
- If an ad includes a price, discount, or 'free' offer,
- the destination URL for the ad must link to a page that clearly and accurately offers the exact deal the ad has displayed;
- the ad must clearly state what action or set of actions is required to qualify for the offer.
- You must comply with all laws, rules and regulations.
- Ads for Alcoholic Beverages
- Ads for alcohol are not permitted.
- Third-Party Rights
- Ads cannot include any content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other contract, personal or proprietary right.
- The advertiser must have intellectual property rights to the creative and be permitted to display such creative as advertising on the FoodHub Site.
- Ads cannot contain, facilitate or promote 'spam' or other advertising or marketing content that violates applicable laws, regulations or industry standards.
- Ads cannot offer incentives to viewers for clicking on the ad, for submitting Personally Identifiable Information (such as name, date of birth, phone number, social security number, physical addresses, or email addresses), or for performing any other tasks.
- Ads must not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads, whether initiated automatically or manually by the user, or other auto-initiated downloads
- Ads cannot contain or link to a site that facilitates or promotes:
- Collection of demographic and usage information from a user's computer without the user's express consent;
- Collection or request of FoodHub usernames or passwords from any user;
- Proxying FoodHub usernames or passwords for the purpose of automating logins to the FoodHub site;
- Any software that results in an unexpected user experience, including but not limited to software which (i) "sneaks" onto a user's system and performs activities hidden to the user, (ii) may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on user's computer without express permission from the user, (iii) is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for fee, (iv) automatically downloads without FoodHub's express prior approval, (v) presents any download dialog boxes without a user's express action, or (vi) may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.